Monday, November 15, 2010

THE ADVENTURES OF BULLWINKLE AND ROCKY / Jay Ward - 1961

Welcome everbloody to Moldie Oldie Monday, here at The Dungeon! Tonight we gots our favorite cartoon characters from the sixties, Rocky and Bullwinkle. Producer/Writer Jay Ward knows 'funny.' He also had a great pile of twisted talent working with him, too! Thank you, Jay!!

Here's Jay with Bullwinkle, makes me think of Robert and Cecil! Hey, that pic looks a lot like our pal, Greg Goodsell... The one with the antlers, natcherly!!

The nutty, unforgettable music was done by three guys, Dennis Farnon and Fred and George Steiner, George is Fred's father.

So, let's bring in our lil' Monday helper, Rufus The Gnat, he'll be pushing that big red 'GO' button over there, and start our Eariffic Earclip a-rollin' along, directly to yer awaiting earifice!! Hit that button, RUFUS!!... THE SCROOCHED MOOSE!

Rocky and Bullwinkle are working on their secret rocket fuel formula when Moon Men, Gidney & Cloyd, pop in to stop Earth tourism to the Moon before it starts, or get 'scrooched!' I love the sound effect they use when Gidney & Cloyd appear and disappear! It'd make a great ringtone...

Boris and Natasha get their orders from Fearless Leader... "Keel Moose!" So, Boris cuts the rope holding the dangling safe that will then land on Bullwinkle who's walking on the sidewalk below.

Wait Boris, entire note says do not keel Moose!

...UH-OH!!

Boris makes it just in time to save Bullwinkle!

For days, the boys work feverishly baking, trying to duplicate grandma Moose's recipe, but nothing will expolde!

Swami Bin Boris and his lovely assistant show up, also trying to get their hands on the formula.

Why, I got too much brain power, I'm just a... (snap) "Yes, master!"

Bullwinkle tells Boris and Natasha 'everything' including his many childhood memories!

zzzzzz.. zzzzzzzz.. zzzzz.. zzzzz..

The Moon Men are the only ones that hear the formula when Bullwinkle gets around to that part.

Cloyd gets to do some more scrooching!

Tune in next Monday, same time, same channel, for another Moldie Oldie offering, here at The Dungeon!

Ghoulnight Everbloody!..

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I loved the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show so much!! I can still hear the frantic theme song so clearly, along with the popping of the bulbs around the sign at the end. It is truly one of the happiest memories of my childhood. My husband and I are going to be Boris and Natasha for halloween next year. Just last night I told my husband "Watch me while I pull a rabbit out of my hat!" It's a shame a rhinoceros didn't pop out.

Christopher said...

as a kid I always called aliens from outer space..Moon Men

Greg Goodsell said...

If you ever get the chance, see June Foray give her presentation at fan conventions! She did the voice of Rocky, as well as countless other cartoon characters.

Christopher said...

I always thought June Foray was really attractive.She'd a been a gas to be around!I like her Alice in The HoneyMousers cartoons and her Witch Hazel..

Anonymous said...

That's Bill Scott, not Jay Ward, with the Bullwinkle puppet.

Bill Scott was co-producer, head writer, and the voice of Bullwinkle, Mr. Peabody, and numerous other characters.

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??