Wednesday, October 5, 2016

THE PEPSI - UNIVERSAL MONSTERS HALLOWEEN CONNECTION (1990's)

Welcome to the fifth day of The Halloween Countdown!"  You know what that means, right? You have to drink a fifth of something, so you might as well mix it with Pepsi!
(Personally, I can't drink the stuff any more, or, well, actually nobody should be drinking it, but I sure drank a lot of it back in the day!)

Universal and Pepsi had some kind of cool agreement! These images are all from my personal collection that I'm trying to sell on eBay this week! I just wish I had a complete set!

The first super classic Frankenstein image I used was from 1991, but by 1995, it had turned into this totally cartoonish version of Frankie with more emphasis on Pepsi, and less on the monster!

Time for The Mummy to cash in on this deal, cause he's thirsty too!
And that makes me think.....and that's usually trouble....but...Let's face it, after The Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, Frankenstein, Godzilla, The Wolf Man, The Mummy, Dr. Jekyll, The Creature From The Black Lagoon, and Alien, there has not been one continuing monster story that has been worth a shit! There's been plenty of slashers, Freddie, Mike Meyers, Texas Chainsaw etc., but real monsters have been for the most part abandoned!!

This last image is basically the same as the first image, but not so classic anymore with Frankie as a pool shark! Check out all his pals in the background....The Wolf Man, The Bride Of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Creature, and The Mummy, sending you greetings and Halloween salutations!!

4 comments:

Jonny Metro said...

I really dig that the invisible man is wearing a Walkman in that last image. These are great, I had forgotten about these. Thanks for sharing!

EEGAH!! said...

Thanx Jonny!! Been hangin' onto these for years, and the time seemed right to get 'em out and show them off! Great images I think!!

Unknown said...

Were these the sodas they brought out in october for Halloween and it gave a number to call on the cans to listen to the monster recordings?

EEGAH!! said...

They were a Halloween stunt for sure, but I'd have to go find mine to see if there was a number to call, but I don't think so, or at least I don't remember seeing one.

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??